[3830] ARRLDX SSB W0YK SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ed@w0yk.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB W0YK SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2014 04:25:59 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: W0YK
Operator(s): W0YK
Station: W0YK

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:    7     6
   80:   19    14
   40:   27    16
   20:    5     5
   15:  294    40
   10:  290    60
-------------------
Total:  642   141  Total Score = 258,030

Club: Loma Prieta Contest Club

Comments:

I don't generally operate phone contests.  After getting on to work friends, the
outstanding conditions were addictive.  With the exception of 160m.  Whenever we
on the West Coast can get a small run going on 10m into Europe, conditions are
definitely great.  Working deep into all part of Asia, 3 hours after local
sunset, on 15m is wonderful.  And, getting calls from Scandinavia and UA3-4 at
that time is amazing.

The multitude of JA 5 watt QRPers was incredible too.  Not to mention the VKs
with four-letter suffixes running 10 watts on 10m.  Brought back memories of
previous sunspot highs.

The casual non-contesters in the US were really tenacious about working other
US stations.  At first I ignored their calls.  Then, out of the need to copy
the DX stations in the pileups, I started working them just to clear the
frequency.  Big mistake.  That just reinforced those listening to jump in as
well.  In the end I went back to ignoring the US callers.  Then they were
really persistent.  All in good fun and no harm in folks operating their
station!

Thanks for the QSOs.

Ed W0YK