[3830] WAE CW N3RS Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3rs@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW N3RS Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 02:11:50 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: N3RS
Operator(s): N3RS
Station: N3RS

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: EPA
Operating Time (hrs): 22.8

   80:  114     0   100
   40:  230   326    90
   20:  542   610    86
   15:  467   422    82
   10:   10     0    10
-------------------------
Total: 1363  1358   368  Total Score = 1,001,328

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

As Dave, N3RD, stated in his post, we couldn't put together a serious M/S effort
this year.  The result was a load of fun, however.  I originally only planned on
being on during the dark hours to test my new Hi-Z 4-square receiving array.  As
usual, once I got in the chair after watching the first quarter of the
pre-season Eagles football game, it was difficult to tear myself away.  Ran
until about 2 AM local time and then went to bed until 10 AM local time.  Ran
most of the time on Saturday until midnight local time and got up at 8:30 AM on
Sunday and ran for an hour and a half until I had to leave for church.  Got back
and ran until I had to quit early to take my lovely wife out to dinner to
celebrate her birthday.

My thanks to all the super european operators and to the DARC for sponsoring
this great event.  Conditions were great on all bands except for 10M, where I
fortunately caught the tail end of a short scatter path opening for 10 QSO's
and 5 countries.

WAE CW has always been a special contest here at N3RS and W3WJD before that.
Hope to see you again next year.

73 de Sig, N3RS