[3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC W9RE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2014 13:42:47 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge - Warmup

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE
Station: W9RE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 6
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 235  Total Score = 1,080

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Very quiet conditions but skip conditions not that good.
Started at 2300z and had an 82 hour.  Rate and total almost exactly mirrored
last year within a few q's.

I had (27) 2nd radio Q's with an 80 meter dipole (open wire line) that is high
but works so effectively I almost can't tell the difference between it and a
full size vertical.  Only 2 stations could not copy me this year initially and
I worked one of them later but never heard the other.

Only (2) 7 pointers and a handful of 6 pointers.

Thought I heard someone work HI8A but I never heard him.

First time using K3 diversity one antenna is a 160 (8) short vertical EFBS and
the other is an 80 (8) short vertical EFBS (W8JI design).

Several new comers in the fray hope you (they) show up in December.  Thanks to
the Boring group for adjudicating, etc.