[3830] SS SSB NP4G(@KP3Z) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NP4G(@KP3Z) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 22:29:29 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NP4G
Operator(s): NP4G
Station: KP3Z

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Puerto Rico
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  385
   20:  413
   15:  309
   10:  541
------------

Club: Los Chachos Contest CLub

Comments:

What a great contest. It was my first serious effort to work the Sweepstakes
completely. I have been able to make the complete Sweep for the last 3 years.

Thanks to Felipe Np4Z and his family for hosting me this weekend. Specially to
KP4Z-Jr Evan that came down to the shack to supervise me!!!

Arrived at KP3Z about two hours before contest start. We were unable to set up
the voice keyer on the FT-5000. We ended up using the K3. KP3Z has been
undergoing some serious renovations and it is evolving from a Single op
operation up to a Multi two capabilities.

Contest started with a great run on 10M and worked the way down the bands until
finally settled on 40M (using a new Force 12 2ele 40M beam). I was able to work
night up to 7:00Z. Started back again next morning running on 20 and fifteen
until settled on 10M, which was the money band. I think I worked more west
coast than anything else. At that time it was down to VI and VO1 needed. Thanks
to K9VV/KP2 that called in. Spent about 15 minutes trying to break the pileup on
VO1MP.

I tried to maximize my time on 10M until the sun came down and started to work
15, after that I tried 40M at sundown east coast but was really hard to get
anything. It got really crowded. Finally settled on 20M and was got a great run
on the last hour of the contest.

I will definitely be back on the air next year for this one. Congratulations to
N2IC on an impressive score!!.

I want to say hello to my friends Ea8/Wp3A and Pamela from the Canary
Islands!!

73 de Otis, NP4G

Los Chachos Contest Villa @ KP3Z