[3830] CQWW CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW 8P5A(W2SC) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2014 17:31:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: 8P5A
Operator(s): W2SC
Station: 8P5A

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Barbados
Operating Time (hrs): 47.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  271    12       43
   80:  667    21       70
   40: 1378    29       87
   20: 1497    33       97
   15: 1323    30       96
   10: 2216    34      107
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

The contest almost did not happen for me.  A health issue in the family resulted
in the cancellation of our Thanksgiving and CQWW plans.  At the last minute we
decided to make the trip to Barbados to get away.  Some sun for my wife and
contesting for me.

We took a redeye and arrived in the early hours of Thursday morning.  I went
immediately to the station to set up inside and then spent the daylight hours
installing the temporary antennas.

Thursday night was disrupted by the health issues, so another night of little
sleep.  Got some rest on Friday but went into the weekend with the intensity
dialed down a bit.

Nonetheless, once the contest started, I did my best and operated straight
through with no sleep.  Was a bit sluggish on Sunday and not as much work on
the second radio

It was a fun weekend, and a good break.  My wife enjoyed the sun as well.

Thanks for the Q's and moves.

Congratulations to Yuri, Dave and, especially Andy, for great scores

73, Tom  W2SC

QSL via NN1N or LoTW