[3830] ARRLDX CW VO1HP SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VO1HP SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2015 00:51:49 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1HP
Operator(s): VO1HP
Station: VO1HP

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 29

  160:  131    44
   80:   85    33
   40:  324    66
   20:  418    72
   15:  389    81
   10:  307    76
-------------------
Total: 1654   372  Total Score = 1,845,864

Club:

Comments:

Conditions were excellent with booming signals from Eu...amazing congestion on
all bands! Last month my 80/40 dipole developed high SWR after a storm. So had
no real 80M antenna and just a low temp dipole for 40M rigged up to chase K1N.
During a low point in the contest I tried the auto tuner to see if I could get
on 80M...only antenna that it would tune was the C3SS which I used to work a
few.....   Go figure ...a triband yagi working 80M CW!

This is my first time reaching this level of 1600+ Q's and 1.8M+ points ...
never did that before and feel good about the result.  The pileups were
difficult and I find that as age progresses concentration and ability to
capture the "sound" of the call just sent is declining.  It was
evident that skimmers and the RBN were being used extensively by the instant
pileup that would descend on my freq after just two or three CQ's....it
actually surprised me how fast the crowd would gather.

Station:
K3 + Acom 1010
Antennas:
20/15/10 - C3SS;
160 - Inv. L + K2AV FCP(52' vert); RX K9AY
80M - autotuned C3SS!!
40M - Sloping dipole.
Software:
N1MM+