[3830] WPX SSB VE9AA SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB VE9AA SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:29:16 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 33:21

------------
  160:    3
   80:  147
   40:  521
   20:  665
   15:  462
   10:  327
------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

As usual , some random thoughts from beneath the Auroral Zone

-Didn't know if I could compete as Tuesday morning woke with very sore throat
and Uvelitis (sp?) throat and uvula swelled up. Went to the emergency-room !
Improved over the next few days, but today throat is sore again (go figure!)

-What the *BLEEP* just happened to the bands.?

-People using weird callsigns are saying "Hey Mike"....I have no idea
who some are, though some did reveal their home calls for me, hi !

-7 phone calls from work, 3 minor family interruptions, oversleeping twice,
knocks at the door...one <temp.> rig failure (no mic audio for a bit) and
3 laptop reboots.  UGH.. Can it get any worse?

-condx stinko for most of the contest.  Got real good workout on spinning the
VFO like a freakin' madman and doing S&P work. (sans cluster, which I never
missed)

-This would go sooooo much easier if those special custom rigs did not have an
eleventh setting for mic gain and especially COMPRESSION.  I hate compression.
Splatterfest, splatterfest, splatterfest....

-There are folks at 59+++ who I did not call as, even listening 2-3 times, I
cannot for the life of me figure out what they are saying for their call nor
most of the numbers they are issuing.  Eastern EU and SA seem to be worst
offenders. Hey, it's not news.

--oops, logged a new USA tech upgrade guys as callsign/AG and it scored him as
a mult.(AG0 I think)  Log checkers will find it. (hi)

-Tons of hours S&P @ 25-35 Q's per hour.  Amazing how bad it was at times.

 I nearly gave up....honestly.

-I wish this was a CW contest.  My head hurts.

-All from under the dome.

Mike VE9AA IC7410 aluminum & copper, N1MM+