[3830] ARRL June VHF KD2JA Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kd2ja@cfl.rr.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF KD2JA Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 21:29:10 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  184    73  Total Score = 14,381

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Rigs: Icom IC-7700 (6 meters), Icom IC-910H (2 meters and 432 MHz). Antennas
are: M2 5 ele Yagi for 6M, M2 8 ele Yagi 2M, M2 8 ele Yagi 432 MHz. The 2M and
432 MHz antennas were put up on an aluminum pushup pole on a bumper hitch
mount. The 6M Yagi is on my tower above my Mosley TA-53M Yagi.

Sat was the worst of the two days with no real openings on 6M. Sunday however
had a rather nice band opening from EL98 to the Northeast. I had some good runs
and into VE's as well. I worked the VP9, C6, XE's, VP2 but missed the opening
into EU as I was too busy running FN's and EN's. Six meters never really opened
up to the West for me but that is how the "Magic Band" works!

I had fun and got to break-in my new Acom 1000 which was a real performer on 6
meters. The C6 was very weak here in EL98 but I worked him on the first call
and he did not need fills! YEA Acom!!!!

73,
Glenn Belkin KD2JA