[3830] ARRL FD AB1J 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AB1J 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2015 12:50:10 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  162     7      16  Total Score = 606

Club:

Comments:

It's good this isn't a contest, or I would have had to stay up all night.  But
since it's a demonstration of emergency preparedness, it seemed better to get a
good night's sleep and be ready for anything come morning.

I wanted to hit all modes, but CW was where it was at.  By the time I got
around to phone, it was too late.  There as a smattering of RTTY.  More PSK but
almost no savvy about contest operation.  Really, I'm eager to copy the exchange
and you don't need to say "PLEASE COPY..."  I'm not sure why PSK is
such a challenged contest mode, but I'm starting to think it just doesn't mesh
with PSK culture.

Anyway, I didn't expect to have many contacts at all but ended up with 185.
Ham radio is fun and I enjoyed myself.  Also, there was some reminiscing about
Field Days of my youth.  Haven't been on one since 1981.  My all-time favorite
was way back in 1969 from Indiana.

What's next?  The IARU?  See you.

73,
Ken, AB1J