[3830] EUHF Champ IY3A(IZ3EYZ) Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, iz3eyz@virgilio.it
Subject: [3830] EUHF Champ IY3A(IZ3EYZ) Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 15:24:24 +0000
                    European HF Championship

Call: IY3A
Operator(s): IZ3EYZ
Station: IY3A

Class: Mixed HP
QTH: Northern Italy
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Radios: SO2R

  160:   154     0     57
   80:   240     0     62
   40:   358    45     64
   20:   343   149     64
   15:   114     0     43
   10:    52     0     30
---------------------------
Total:  1261   194    320  Total Score = 465,600

Club:

Comments:

By 13z the temporary 3G connection started dropping and required being restored
every 5 minutes or so. "Unfortunately" rates were often too high to
throw the headphones away and jump to another room to reboot stuff, so I ended
up missing clx/rbn for several hours.
What of above and my lack of experience with EUHFC (operated this one just once
before back in 2003) cost some mults and Qs.

Minor issues with 2R audio switching (causing limited SSB activity -
unplanned).
No 80mt SSB ant and no bvgs, the latter being needed on 160mt as it was pretty
noisy.
The best 10mt opening with S9+ sigs across the whole Europe was in the 19-20z
hour but low activity.

All in all a 3rd radio for in-band is mandatory in this one in order to compete
with Eastern EU guys.