[3830] SAC SSB PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB PS2T(PY2ZEA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2015 00:24:58 +0000
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: PS2T
Operator(s): PY2ZEA
Station: PS2T

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Araraquara, SP
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:   26    12
   40:   47    21
   20:   94    30
   15:   71    25
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  238    88  Total Score = 33,440

Club: Araucaria DX Group

Comments:

Worst propagation in SAC during the past decade, at least.
Ten closed, relatively high K index. However, it's always exciting to work old
friends.

My first SAC was (as OH5SE) back in 1965, that�'s half a century ago. I
celebrated this 50-years anniversary at the QTH by a 5-star dinner with vintage
red wine and Filé Mignon.

The culinaristic enjoyment helped me feel good despite the awful propagation
and  the terribly slow QSO rates (7-15 per hour). A wise man once said that
"whatever you do, you must have fun"

I am grateful to Atilano (Oms) PY5EG who let me use his impressive antenna farm
and his fine equipment.

The rig:  Yaesu FT2000 + ACOM 2000 amp.
Ant:  80: Inv-V apexed at 35m
          200m beverage to Europe.
      40: MonstIR Steppir, 3 el on 40.
      20: 5 el monobander at 25m
      15: 6 el monobander at 25m
      10: 7 el monobander at 30m
Win-test software

We had our annual South American SAC race with my dear friend Thomas, PY2ZXU
aka SM0CXU. The battle ended 1 to 1: Thomas won CW and I won SSB.

73, TNX to all Scandinavians for patience in giving your call letters one by
one and repeating the serial numbers dozen times...This was a really useful
training exercise for copying for us on DX side as well as for you at the other
end.