[3830] CQWW SSB K8MFO SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K8MFO SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2015 22:55:11 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Ohiio
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1079    30      119
------------------------------
Total: 1079    30      119  Total Score = 453,556

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

My reason for attending this party was to attend calling hours for the DYING 10
meter band, where I first heard amateur signals in 1957 in the shack of W8FYZ,
a childhood mentor.   Well, to paraphrase Mark Twain ... the death of 10 meters
is highly exaggerated!

I played DXer on Saturday and managed 474 QSOs in 27 zones and 97 countries.
The vast majority of that was search and pounce.   Productive runs were not
possible from Ohio.    On Sunday the band was a bit slow to respond, but about
1430 UTC the flood gates opened, and it was possible to run at high rates for
almost 3 hours.   Then it was back to search and pounce.   Sunday accounted for
605 QSOs and a great deal of fun.     Now if this would only repeat for CW!

Heard but not worked were OD5, HZ1, 9J2, UP, V8, and DU.   I could hear W1
through W5 call areas working those stations and more.

K3, AL-1200, Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet.    Mosley TA-33 driven element at 48
feet for South America, Caribbean and Central America.      N1MM Classic, which
froze up 4 times and required a PC reboot.  It's time to update ..   No
recording ... Tried and failed, but this was not a competitive effort anyway.

Thanks for all of the fun.

73

Don K8MFO