[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:35:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT NQ6N N9CK K3WA N9TK N4RR KB9OWD
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   81    18       46
   80:  593    30      105
   40: 1638    39      142
   20: 1655    40      153
   15: 1714    39      146
   10:  417    29       93
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

We had fun! Great teamwork and comradery. It was nice to have NQ6N join us this
year for the 48 hours. He fit in with the regulars very quickly. All of these
operators love cw and you can tell.

Propagation compared to last year was definitely down on 10m and 15m and that
seemed to push up the 80 and 40 meter numbers. We noticed quick QSB on the low
bands that sometimes effected copy. Sunday later morning we noticed a damper
put on the bands after starting on 10m. All bands seemed down a bit after that
time. It could be less operators on but I would bet on propagation being the
factor.

We were very happy to get all 40 zones and four band DXCC. We tried very hard
to get it on 10m but just not the right skip to us from SA and Caribbean to
pull it off. 160m was interesting as we watched the SR and SS of EU and AS
closely. Nice peaks just prior to SR.

We used four K3s with the new synths and Alpha 87As. We had additional tower
added this year to the south with a MonstIR on it. It helped a lot and gave us
better isolation on all bands. I also added some 4O3A high power filters to
significantly reduce the second harmonic content.

Thanks to all the participation and QSOs. We especially enjoy watching and
competing with live scores on cqcontest.net. I wish that ALL stations did this
as it adds so much fun to the contest. It is like a race...and the effect of
the openings across the world see stations surging and lagging.

See you in ARRL 160...more great CW!

73, Craig K9CT