[3830] CQWW CW KP2Q(K3TEJ) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K3TEJ@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KP2Q(K3TEJ) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 18:37:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP2Q
Operator(s): K3TEJ
Station: WP2B

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: USVI
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   86    10       30
   80:  212    15       58
   40:  671    23       90
   20:  710    34      109
   15: 1261    32      112
   10: 1002    22       73
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

The utility pole supporting the transformer and power lines feeding the station
fell over on Wednesday night due to rotting at the base. This resulted in the
worse noise I have ever experienced, between S3 and 20 over 9 on all bands.
Some hours the noise was so strong and constant I was unable to hear any
stations, even the normally strong big guns. To really make it extra
interesting we had a thunderstorm in the midst of it all with extra noise and
flickering lines with varying line voltage.Some hours I was able To S+P but not
able to run.I did have a few hours when the noise was completely gone, most
notably the first 2 and last 3 hours of the contest. I toughed it out and tried
to make the best of the situation actually being surprised at the end of the
contest being able to report a score that ended up better than i expected after
a tough 48 hours.

A call to the power company on Thursday morning resulted in a Supervisor
stopping by to analyze the situation. He assured us a crew would be by on
Friday to replace the pole. This did not happen. They showed up Monday after
the contest and are working on it now. I hope this is resolved by this weekend
in time for the 160 contest.

This was the most fatiguing contest I ever did. I apologize to all that called
and I could did not hear due to the noise.

The good news is I got 2 good night of sleep, hot meals, and time to shower
without missing any action. Plus I had a fantastic view of the water and nice
weather.

Every dxpedition is an adventure and this one was no exception.

Thanks for all the q's and see you in the 160 and 10 meter contests.

John K3TEJ / KP2Q