[3830] CQWW CW KH6CJJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kentfae@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KH6CJJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 02:18:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KH6CJJ
Operator(s): KH6CJJ
Station: KH6CJJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Maui, Hawaii
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:    1     1        1
   80:  194    12       16
   40:  115    19       28
   20:  132    23       35
   15:  439    26       34
   10:  205    16       23
------------------------------
Total: 1086    97      137  Total Score = 742,950

Club: Maui Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Conditions were poor with 10, 15, and 20 meters essentially closed after about
1900 local time both nights.  Of course my small, low (25 feet) hexx beam may
be part of that.  80 meters was great, though, after about 2200L Friday night
with lots of W/K and JA available.  I quit about 0100 to get some sleep which
cost many Qs.  Saturday night was not as good with the band noisy, but was
still productive.

Conditions to Europe were very poor for me compared to the last few years.  EU
was only heard on 20 for a few hours in the mornings and there were only a few
signals coming through compared to the past.  There were no EU stations heard
in the evenings.  The cycle is certainly negatively affecting propagation.
Lack of access to all the countries (and zones) in EU really holds down
scoring.

Notwithstanding the poor conditions, I had great fun and my best score ever!  I
guess experience and practice does pay off.  Thanks to K3LT, K5TR, K9CT, JA3YBK,
N4WW, N7BV, N9RV,  NR4M, VC7O, W0AIH, and WE3C for working me on five bands.

Aloha, Kent