[3830] CQWW CW W1DX(@W1AN) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W1DX(@W1AN) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2015 02:20:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W1DX
Operator(s): K3IU W1AN K1DM W1XX W1WBB
Station: W1AN

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 47

  160:   66    11       25
   80:  391    22       87
   40: 1085    34      116
   20:  784    38      124
   15:  815    33      119
   10:  215    24       75
------------------------------

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Nancy W1NAN and I had the pleasure to hosting this years CQ-WW-CW. Thanks to
Mike, K1DM for help setting up before the contest after a busy week kept me
busy elsewhere. Our ops did a terrific job staying focused which can be tough
after long hours. Bill W1WBB put in the many hours on Station 2 on 40M. The 40
band was a great performer all weekend. Our timing schedule kept us short on
160M. How often can you work EU at 2300Z from the east coast? A few multipliers
were added there just before closing Sunday. What did we lose by not checking
the night before? Mike K1DM, John W1XX "the QSO machine", and Ken
K3IU completed the crew. Nancy W1NAN the most important part of our team ran
the galley.

Good conditions and low noise levels lead to good copy all weekend. Only
glitches were an intermittent T/R relay in the Station 2 AL1200 amp Friday
night and some trouble with erratic RS232 DTR CW keying which we are still
investigating.

This was the first time I ran N1MM+ in a CW test. I still have the classic
version loaded on the same PC just in case. Only trouble so far with + was the
erratic CW keying anomaly and some very long hang time delay issues returning
to RX where we would miss the first letter of calls. I hope its all in settings
somewhere. We'll find it, eventually.

Thanks for the fun!

73, John W1AN