[3830] ARRL 10 KT4Q SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4q@usa2net.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KT4Q SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:47:57 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   CW:  136    49
  SSB:  426    68
-------------------
Total:  562   117  Total Score = 163,332

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

I was able to run a fairly full-time operation but didn't get to start early on
Saturday so missed some EU activity.  Worked EU, AF, SA, NA, and Aus but no
Asia (except maybe HZ).  Had a few runs but didn't last more than an hour as
the band would shift.  I experienced counless times where I was on a clear
frequency and would have a run going, then I would hear someone on my frequency
working another path of the world.  Soon the paths would merge and contacts
would favor the other station and I was chased off.  I also had numerous
reports of a good clean signal, but a few commented that I had terrible audio
and was being heard 20kcs of the side.  I was running my processor as was
suggested by Mr Heil himself with my new Pro7 headset.  Mic gain was not
abnormally high and compression was fine.  Not sure?  There were a number of
very wide signals on the band so maybe just a charactrisic of 10m given the
conditions.

Some interesting stats.  Had a pipeline to AZ-CA and to PY-LU.
Worked 61 AZs
       92 CAs
       23 FLs
       26 LUs
       39 PP-PYs

Will look forward to next year with further declining conditions.

Rig: Yaesu FT-1000MP MV
Amp: AL-572 (running 1300w SSB, 1kw CW)
Ant: Cushcraft X7 yagi at 60', R7 vert at 85'
S/W: WriteLog 11.25C