[3830] ARRL 10 KP2M(KT3Y) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, KT3Y@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KP2M(KT3Y) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:51:00 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KP2M
Operator(s): KT3Y
Station: KP2M

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: VI
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   CW:  821   100
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  821   100  Total Score = 328,400

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

just fooled around and did not start Sat. morning
until around 15z so I only had a limited run of western EU
stations. Supposedly, condx were better on Saturday
but with my late start and terrible line noise it was hard
to tell. ( fortunately, it is almost certain that we have
found the bad pole and Fred NP2X did his usual magic
in getting the utility RFI fellow to help find the source.
Of course, WAPA now needs to fix it, but with
Fred handling it,  the chances of a good outcome are
high.)

I started much earlier on Sunday and the band opened
to EU about ten minutes after I started.  If I recall, it
was about,1130z.  Copying Eu stations on the 4BA
was basically impossible, so the Beverages were a
huge help.

The somewhat common belief that Beverages don't
work on the higher bands is sorely mistaken, as I used
them without any preamp and I did not miss much
when monitoring NP2X, or KP2Q except for the
weakest of callers..

I missed some common mults ,especially in zone 8/9/10/11
as I could not hear them through the line noise this year.

I  also took an hour off during peak time  to Eu. on Sunday
just to keep things challenging.....  The SA stns in P40,
PY and LU were just crushing it and running JAs after sundown
in the USVI.

I wasted a lot of time after sunset calling slow CQs to
SA while talking on the LL with friends.

73,

Phil KT3Y