[3830] TBDC W3TS Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC W3TS Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2015 15:44:57 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: W3TS
Operator(s): W3TS
Station: W3TS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: FN10ml
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 193  Total Score = 903

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rig: Ten-Tec Orion at 5 watts. TX Ant: 60 foot high 80M/40M fan dipole used as
an 1/8 wave Tee over 70 x 70 foot long radials. RX Ants: 300 foot NE/SW short
beverage and 300 foot SE/NW beverage and a NE and NW Flag. The best I can do on
a 150 x 200 foot town lot with the help of understanding neighbors. Logger: N1MM
My neighbor has installed LED lighting and now I have over S9 noise all the
time. I need to have him work with me to get this resolved but so far he is not
to cooperative about fixing the problem. Poorly designed switching power
supplies are going to kill our great hobby and LF, MF anf HF listening. It is
not fun to have to constantly go looking for new cheap junk that causes large
amounts of radio noise and try to work with the owners of this junk to have
them understand that they need to shut it down or get it fixed.