[3830] CQ160 CW EI0R Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, turnbull@net1.ie
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW EI0R Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 22:38:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW

Call: EI0R
Operator(s): EI6IZ EI6FR EI2KC EI2CN
Station: EI0R

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Ireland
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1359  State/Prov = 39  Countries = 72  Total Score = 895,992

Club:

Comments:

Dear OMs and YLs,
     This is the first outing for EI0R.   Our operators were EI6IZ, EI6FR,
EI2KC and EI2CN.

     We found conditions disappointing, propagation to the States and
especially the western states was not great.   EI6FR through dogged persistence
managed to work KY7M in Arizona for our furthest west QSO on Sunday morning not
far from EI sunrise.   The previous night our most westerly QSO was with
Kansas.   We did manage to work our friend K5RX in the great state of Texas as
well.    No JA, BV, VR 9M or HS QSOs this year.   Some were heard but they did
not hear us.   The conditions just seemed flat as has been the case for much of
this year.   Some good may come with declining solar activity.  So next year may
be better, we hope to again be working KH6 on TB.

                73 Doug EI2CN "go for"
Equipment:
K3 diversity mode for most of our operations
P3
Acom 2000 running 1500W the legal contest power for EI
inverted L up 30 meters vertical or 100 feet with a few miles of wire beneath
it for radials.
RX antenna Eight Circle by Hi-Z 113 foot diameter
MicroKeyer II
WinTest