[3830] ARRLDX CW GW4J(GW0ETF) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW GW4J(GW0ETF) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 11:58:07 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: GW4J
Operator(s): GW0ETF
Station: GW4J

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: GWYNEDD
Operating Time (hrs): 13

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  821    59
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  821    59  Total Score = 145,140

Club:

Comments:

The intention was to better my previous score in 20m single band 4 years ago but
an unplanned overnight away on Friday meant I didn't start until 1500z on
Saturday when the band was pretty morbid. If conditions on Sunday were anything
to go by I probably missed a spell of good propagation mid-morning until early
afternoon (c 1030-1400z?) after which it went very quiet until local darkness
around 1800z when it really picked up until a close at around 2100z on both
days. There didn't seem to be any gradual movement of propagation across North
America with time and it was common to work CA, BC, AZ/CO etc and East Coast
all within the same minute or 2 with the only difference being signal
strengths.

Missed Nebraska for a clean sweep of states and the VE provinces of Yukon,
Nunavut and NW Territories (does anyone ever work those?). No DQRM and no
complaints about dirty or wide signals either for a change. Had two or three
occasions of someone jumping on my run frequency unannounced but I managed to
hold on with little time loss. Nice to be called by N1MM and good to see Tom
still has time to use his software in anger.

K3 with Acom 1000 feeding a vertical wire Moxon waving to the west in the wind.
No assistance just the NaP3 panadapter, handy for finding clear run frequencies
and signals to drop the 2nd receiver on. I'd have certainly beaten my previous
best if I'd have been in the seat on Saturday morning (in both 2011 and 2012 I
ended up with exactly 954 adjudicated QSOs...!)

Thanks for the fun..

73,
Stew, GW4J @GW0ETF