[3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andycatan73@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW PJ2T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:21:10 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: PJ2T
Operator(s): W0CG N1ZZ K2PLF W9VA NP2L N5OT NF9V HB9BJL W9NJY
Station: PJ2T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 40

  160:  822    58
   80: 1257    59
   40: 1922    62
   20: 1843    60
   15: 1925    61
   10: 1577    58
-------------------
Total: 9346   358  Total Score = 9,984,978

Club:

Comments:

ARRL DX CW 2016

This year’s PJ2T M/M adventure was fun for all.

Through Geoff W0CG’s superb effort, the antennas and shack were completely
ready for radio installation and logging software setup.   Having been drafted
as contest director, Andy W9NJY, as his first official (smart) duty appointed
Mark N5OT as co-director.   The K3’s went in relatively easily.  Both Mark
and I were novices at an M/M install of N1MM Logger+, and we enjoyed learning a
lot very quickly.  Seems we did well and it’ll go faster for us the next time.

Apparently Murphy was asleep this time around as there were no major
disruptions to our contest operation.  We had the niceties of a continuous
supply of electricity and no tropical storms.  Internet, which has been iffy on
this part to the island for the last couple months, was finally restored two
days before we absolutely needed it.

The noise floor, especially on the low bands was low as a special treat for us.
 160 meters provided lots of Q’s and multipliers.  Even though propagation is
always relatively fantastic down here, it was apparent the high bands are
declining even near the equator.  We advanced in our low band numbers and saw
the high bands retreat somewhat.

Most importantly, this was yet another successful convocation of the now 19
year-old Caribbean Contesting Consortium and guests.  Lots of good radio
operating and many of us had yet one more opportunity to enjoy old and new
friendships.

Andy PJ2/W9NJY