[3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ph@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW VP9/W6PH(@VP9GE) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 16:24:48 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: VP9/W6PH
Operator(s): W6PH
Station: VP9GE

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Bermuda
Operating Time (hrs): 42.6

  160:  412    52
   80:  609    53
   40: 1033    59
   20: 1206    60
   15:  886    59
   10:   67    22
-------------------
Total: 4213   305  Total Score = 3,854,895

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

IC-7000  Win-Test 4.11
Dipoles at 30 feet on 160,80,40
CC A4S at 30 feet on 20,15,10

I thought the low bands were in good shape.  I was able to hear and work quite
a few stations in the west coast on 160m.  Unfortunately the same thing wasn't
true on 10m.  The few stations that I was able to work on 10 meters were loud
but there should have been more in the area that I had propagation which was
W5, 6, 7, and 0.  I was able to work into the northeast on 15m on Saturday but
that propagation was gone on Sunday.  With 15m being open to Europe for the
stateside stations it was tough to make any contacts until Europe had died out.
 Whenever Europe propagation died out, my QSO rate went up.

Everything worked well.  It is always difficult to see the 10m numbers from the
Caribbean stations. Bermuda has propagation similar to the mid-Atlantic states.

I had great pileups on 20m.  It seemed that everyone was zero beat.  Those that
moved their frequency 200 hz either way were completely readable.

This was my 17th year operating the ARRL Contests from VP9GE.  Ed is a great
host.  I should be there for ARRL Phone.

73, Kurt W6PH