[3830] WPX SSB AD7JP(K2PO) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AD7JP(K2PO) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 03:36:17 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AD7JP
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: AD7JP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:   96
   40:  263
   20:  484
   15:  435
   10:    8
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

My head wasn't really into this one.  I got to the station on Friday and found:
noise.  Lots of it.  On all bands.  The ambient noise floor was up between
10-30 dB.  (I suspect it has something to do with Oregon's legalization of
marijuana, and our young farmer neighbors...)  In any event, the noise took
lots of the joy out of the contest, and limited the QSOs that made it into the
log.    I Am The Alligator; Goo goo g' job.

(And just a few weeks ago, in my 3830 post for ARRL DX CW, I noted how quiet 15
and 10m were: -140 dBm on the P3.)

My QSO count was down 30% from a year ago, and the score was down similarly.

So, another task for the task list - this one to get done before the CW
weekend!

(While trying to find stations that weren't masked by the noise, I got some
reading done on grow light ballasts, and RFI filters for same.   The ARRL, and
W0IVJ, have good materials on-point.)

'See some of you in Visalia!

73,

/Bill, K2PO