[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2016 21:15:28 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Sep 28

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 0.3

  160:   0      0
   80:   0      0
   40:  12     12
   20:   0      0
   15:   0      0
   10:  00      0
-------------------
Total:  12     12  Total Score = 144

Club: Michigan QRP Club

Comments:

Interesting test.  Was at dental office until almost 1900Z, took a detour home
and set up at Seidman Kent County Park through which the North Country National
Scenic Trail passes.  Walked from the parking area to a picnic shelter about 100
feet from the trail (a requirement of the National Parks On the air) and set up
my 33' vertical supported by a 31' collapsible fishing pole.  This was a nice
antenna for 40 meters, and the timing was excellent for 40 since I didn't get
started until 1930Z.  Stations came almost as fast as I could get them into the
computer.  But, Alas, mother nature provided some liquid refreshment in form of
a light rain, which put a damper on the outdoor activity.  I had 12 contacts in
the bag by 1950 when rain started, so this accomplished the two items - an entry
in the CW test, and an activation of the North Country Trail.

Thanks to the folks who picked out my "mighty 5 watts to a 33'
vertical".  I'll try to make it next week again - these are fun events.
I'm getting the setup down reasonably well, so I might even be operational on
20 meters at the start of the next event.

I can operate from home, but it's interesting to be out on the trail.  Usually
I see quite a few hikers, but on a rainy day they all seemed to be hibernating.