[3830] CQWW CW KP4/VE3RSA SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tom_cleveland@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KP4/VE3RSA SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 12:55:19 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KP4/VE3RSA
Operator(s): VE3RSA
Station: KP4/VE3RSA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Luquillo,PR
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:   14     3        8
   40:  158    13       46
   20:  205    12       41
   15:   99    13       32
   10:   84     2        2
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Read about poor conditions in SSB test and expected much worse than we actually
got for CW. First trip to PR and a busy travel schedule so only packed dipole
and K2- missed having the beam with the  poor conditions on second day.

Rental location had great views but AlphaDelta multi-band dipole was mounted on
the only available tree too close to the house for my liking.  Murphy showed up
when setting up I found K2 locking up when keying via computer. Assuming rf
issues with antenna 12 feet from rig i moved the station... same issue. solved
by replacing the key-line conductor though still not sure why..:-). At least
this happened before the contest !!

Overall was a ton of fun and exceeded expectations.  Thanks again to those that
struggled through to hear my Waaaay-too-long call in the muck. Gracias!

BTW Love PR ,  will be back again (with the beam :-)

See you next year !

'3RSA