[3830] CQWW CW W5JR(@W4AX) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5j.lists@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W5JR(@W4AX) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 04:19:07 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W5JR
Operator(s): W5JR
Station: W4AX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:   48    12       27
   80:  123    19       59
   40:  313    28      102
   20:  336    35      116
   15:  199    24       76
   10:   55     9       22
------------------------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Wow. Thanks to my gracious hosts at W4AX, Mack and Adelaide. This was a serious
shakedown of Mack's automation central. Flex 6700 in SO2R with an amp on each
Slice (VFO), a pair of 40-10m yagis on separate towers, 80 and 160 verticals
plus an 8 circle receiving array. All controlled from the N1MM keyboard or a
touch screen monitor. I contest with my own Flex 6500/N1MM, so no training
required. As others have mentioned, the 80/160 bands on Friday night were
atrocious. Much better the second night and able to work weak ones on 160 with
ease. Looked like 40m was going to be my money band but Sunday evening proved
that 20 still had lots more to give while also searching for a few more zone
mults. I'm certain I could have added significantly to the Q count with more
focus on when certain zones are most likely to appear and not spend an hour off
and on chasing a mult for zone 24. They never were that strong here. Worked lots
of EU long path on 40m. The station performed wonderfully and ought to be a
great place to contest from.