[3830] ARRL 10 N6XG SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wwham@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 N6XG SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2016 18:33:38 +0000
ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: N6XG
Operator(s): N6XG
Station: N6XG

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 3
Remote Operation

   CW:  31
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  31     16  Total Score = 1,984

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was vacationing in NH and planned a Expedition operation.  The house I rented
did not work out so I ended up in a hotel which nixed my plans.

As a work around, I downloaded a Flex Radio app to my iPhone 6 and VPN to my
home Flex 6700 attached to a vertical.  After some setup and calibration of my
fat fingers I was able to S/P.  The net was 31 Q, 13 S/P, and 3 countries.

Internet quality was added QRM. With a high latency link of 6 mbs down and 3
mbs up at times I had crackling and multiple several second drop outs.  A low
latency 20 mbs down and 6 mbs up gave no problems.

This was a great first experience.

Walt