[3830] TBDC KT8K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt8k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TBDC KT8K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 19:28:42 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: KT8K
Operator(s): KT8K
Station: KT8K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN82 SE Michigan
Operating Time (hrs): 1:04

Total:  QSOs = 21  Total Score = 59

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I don't have an antenna for 160m any more, so I used the 80/40m wire vertical
with one elevated radial, fed with TV twin lead by my LDG Z-11 autotuner.
Running 5 Watts it was clear it was going to be a long, hard contest with very
few QSO's, and I wasn't doing an all-out effort, so I kicked the Orion up to 55
Watts (tuner rated for 60) and was able, with difficulty, to make a few
contacts.
Thanks for listening hard, everybody, and see you in the next one.
73 de kt8k - Tim

equipment:
- Tentec Orion w. MFJ Grandmaster memory keyer,  Bencher BY-1 paddles,  WGA
TR-2000 headset
- ancient XP laptop running N1MM+ and home brew RS-232 keying interface

Antenna:
- 80/40m vertical with 1 elevated radial per band and 2 leftover 43' elevated
radials, feed point and radials about 12 feet up, fed by 90 feet of TV Twin
lead lying on the roof under 8 inches of snow and an LDG Z-11 autotuner
- 20/40/80m 3 wire dipole at 25 feet was used only for auxiliary listening

Thanks for enjoying my ham radio (and other) songs: "I Want a Big
Tower" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA "If You Ain't
Runnin', You Ain't Winnin'" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNWZjzrzgwA