[3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX CW N1CC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2017 22:44:52 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, CW

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: NTX
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    7     7
   80:   42    28
   40:  143    59
   20:  174    68
   15:  220    71
   10:   39    19
-------------------
Total:  625   252  Total Score = 472,500

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Elecraft K3 @100W. F12 C3 @64'. 80/40 Fan Dipole, NS @50'. 160M
Inverted L with 8 shortened elevated radials.  WriteLog V12.13B and no email or
Internet connection in shack for contest.

With not-so-great conditions, better Friday and Saturday - pretty flat on
Sunday I had 90 fewer Qs and 12 fewer multipliers than last year, in the same
timeframe.  Given the solar cycle I was surprised there was any activity on
10-Meters, and only 15 Meters was down about 30% - most of the fewer Qs/mults.

Sunday I think the Chinese OTH radar was interfering with a signal that sounds
like white noise across the 20-Meter band.  Not there Friday or Saturday.

I've been running some contests QRP, and decided to forego that kind of body
and mind punishment for this DX Test, however, I think there are 30+ contacts
in the log where the power sent was 5 Watts.  I was able to hold a frequency on
15M Saturday to run JA's for close to an hour, and on 20M Sunday for EU stations
too.

There were 5 or 6 DX stations with crummy signals.  More serious US-Operated
stations such as WH6ASW with a multi-tone signal, almost like "A2"
and on Saturday AA8HH at TI8 had spurs 1 and 2 kHz up and down from his main
signal.  I did not hear that on his signal Sunday - so it could have been a
passing problem.

I am looking forward to better conditions!