[3830] ARRLDX SSB AG4W SOSB/160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB AG4W SOSB/160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:09:02 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: AG4W
Operator(s): AG4W
Station: AG4W

Class: SOSB/160 HP
QTH: AL
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:  45     31
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  45     31  Total Score = 4,185

Club: Alabama Contest Group

Comments:

FTDX-5000D,AL-1200,160M Top loaded vertical, 2 Beverages. Saturday night had
better propagation into Europe than Friday night. I spent a good part of the
time watching the band scope chasing pileups the superstations
(WE3C,K3LR,W3LPL,etc) called for mults. I know their run frequency and when
they chase the mults they lead the path to my next multiplier with their big
signal on the less than great band scope on the FTDX-5000D. There were several
times last years log helped to figure out call signs. This process would not
work on other bands but on 160M for this contest it is a small core group that
meets every year. My last contact was with KH6J. I told one of the local hams
that I would be looking for him at sunrise or also call CQ for looking for him.
He did not disappoint me. Thank you to KH7M for answering my CQ on Saturday
morning. I also appreciate those that took the time it takes to pull my call
sign out one letter at a time.