[3830] ARRLDX SSB K5ZD SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5zd@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K5ZD SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 00:09:04 +0000
ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5ZD
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:   23    20
   80:  104    52
   40:  127    61
   20:  446    87
   15:  114    48
   10:   57    23
-------------------
Total:  871   291  Total Score = 757,764

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Glad I wasn't doing this one seriously.  Started off unassisted, but when I
realized conditions were so bad, turned on the cluster.  Was nice to come into
the shack and clean the band map then go off to do something else.  Who knew
there were so many PY and YV stations?!

Only SO1R.  Installed the KDVR3 voice recorder option in my K3 and wanted to
see how it performed.  Definitely sounded better than all of my attempts to use
a sound card for voice keying.  Now to get one for the other K3.

Got beat out a lot - especially by locals.  Maybe because I was chasing packet
spots or perhaps the station is slowly degrading.

Had fun and that's what matters most.