[3830] WPX SSB K4BAI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4bai@att.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K4BAI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 01:22:44 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 31:03

------------
  160:    4
   80:  175
   40:  570
   20:  735
   15:  178
   10:   39
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

FT1000MP, Alpha 78, 1 KW, TH6DXX, dipole, inverted vee, tee vertical.  10M was
open only to South and Central America.  15M didn't open to Europe on Saturday,
but there were strong European signals on 15M about 1300Z Sunday for about 90
minutes, but most Europeans didn't seem to know it and activity on both sides
of the pond was light.  20M was good to most areas of the world except the far
east.  Did work a few JA stations about 2200Z on Sunday.  40M was OK to all but
Asia and did work one JA on Sunday morning.  80M was too noisy to use much on
the first night and the same early the second night.  There was a line of
storms approaching.  But, surprisingly, the noise dropped signnificantly and
80M was quite good to NA, CA, SA, and Europe after 0300Z the second night.  I
got a lot of calls from DX stations in responses to CQs on 80 (and 40 too),
which is unusual for me.  Did work a few USA stations on 160M the first night.
Thanks for all QSOs.  And apologies to those who called and I couldn't get their
calls correct or their numbers due to QSB, QRM, and weak signals generally.  I
think most of those were in the USA.  73, John, K4BAI.