[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 02:28:18 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Apr 19

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: OSCEOLA COUNTY MI
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  28
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  28  Mults = 28  Total Score = 784

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Operated from The Reed City Crossroads Park, next to where the Fred Meijer White
Pine Trail Linear State Park and the Pere Marquette Trail intersect.  This spot
was chosen to "activate" State Park # MSP204, a part of the three
year "Michigan State Parks On Air"  (see http://www.mspota.org/ for
details of this celebration.

KD8HNF joined me to try an activation using SSB on 20 meters, but the
conditions were terrible from this location, and he made only 1 contact.

Conditions on 40 seemed better than average, at least for the first 30 minutes.
 A greater number than recently came down to 40 at the beginning of the session.
 Signals were strong, made 18 q's in the first 30 minutes.  Had a bit harder
time after the horde of big guns descended on 40.  My pipsquoke signal had a
harder time fighting the mob, but.... lo! and behold! they must have drifted to
another band, or gave up, because after 10 minutes or so I could find several
open spots between 7028 and 7038!