[3830] WPX CW N9TF SO(A)SB80 QRP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, n9tf@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N9TF SO(A)SB80 QRP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 02:29:45 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SO(A)SB80 QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:  35
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

No daytime hours available to play this weekend, so decided to do a single band
80m Qrp. I knew it was going to be tough being we are just about in the
summertime band conditions. Friday night 80 had good prop to EU. Heard quite a
few EU stations, unfortunately, they didn't hear me! CS2C was booming in!
Lightning static crashes were horrible Friday night. Saturday night was
terrible. Lots of polar flutter on most all signals due to the AU in progress.
Saw spots for 6m AU for a couple hours Saturday night. State side signals
greatly attenuated from previous night and no EU heard. 7 hard fought Q's made
Saturday night Sunday morning.
The good news is I was able to catch a 6 meter opening to the Caribbean Sunday
afternoon and bagged two ATNO's!

Rig K3s 5 watts to 40/80 short dipole at 35 apex sloping to 15 AG at ends.

73 Gene, N9TF