[3830] WPX CW ZF2DO(N5DO) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, n5do@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [3830] WPX CW ZF2DO(N5DO) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 May 2017 22:33:56 +0000
CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: ZF2DO
Operator(s): N5DO
Station: ZF1A

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH: 36 hours
Operating Time (hrs): 36

------------
  160:
   80:   13
   40:  668
   20: 1110
   15:  102
   10:   16
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I was last on the air during the ARRL 10M Contest. Although I had retired in
2010 (then went to work teaching part-time) and again in May 2016, I was
enticed back to full time work as the "Interim" Provost at the
University of Houston - Victoria.  It has turned out to be a longer interim
than I thought and my wife and I have decide to make Victoria our home.  It was
hard to leave Alpine, in West Texas, after 42 years, but Victoria is much closer
to Austin where our children and grandchildren live. I plan to return to Alpine
for CW Sweepstakes next fall.

We love vacationing in ZF and I like to operate here when possible.  I usually
operate from here as part of a multi-operation, but this one turned out be a
single op.  I had a great time, but was terribly tired after my first 14 hour
shift.  (It makes me marvel all the more at John, K6AM's ability to operate for
48 straight hours from this station on more than one occasion.)  I switched my
plan and instead of taking a 6 hour break at the end of a certain time, I took
shorter one-hour breaks whenever I got too tired.

The ZF1A station continues to operate well (in fact has been improved since I
was last here), and I thank Andrew, ZF1EJ, for the use of the station and John,
ZF1DJ, for his assistance in gaining access.