[3830] ARRL June VHF K3YDX SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3ydx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K3YDX SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 02:47:19 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  138    79  Total Score = 10,981

Club:

Comments:

Somewhat sad to not be able to count this score for PVRC but out of the vhf
circle is out of the vhf circle.  Saturday started quite slowly and wasn't
certain conditions were going to pick up-  Boy they sure did!  Six meters kept
me in the chair except for some breaks on Sunday.  It seemed to me I had spot
propagation to small local areas accompanied by a good bit of QSB.  Frustrating
to hear a new one but by the time they finished up a Q their signal was down to
me.  I heard a number of the callsigns I know from my previous existence in
FM19 sent by stations they worked but I could not hear any of them on 6 meters.
 Being in the Outer Banks is a bit tough inasmuch as the guys in populated areas
generally don't point antennas  to the SE for this area sincew there isn't much
of a contest population.  One exception was W3BFC who I heard well while he
announced he was beaming down the coast.  Unfortunately he never heard me.
Equipment here was Ic-7000 to a 6 meter dipole @ 30 feet and an interlaced 5 el
2 meter and 7 el. 432 beam at about 35 feet strapped to a balcony railing.
Thanks for the Q's
73
Hank Hanburger
K3YDX