[3830] IARU IZ3NVR SOAB(A)Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, menon.ste@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU IZ3NVR SOAB(A)Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2017 16:17:40 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: IZ3NVR
Operator(s): IZ3NVR
Station: IZ3NVR

Class: SOAB(A)Mixed LP
QTH: JN65
Operating Time (hrs): 5

  160:
   80:    7             1       5
   40:   64      4      5      14
   20:  122     39     11      23
   15:   76     26     10      19
   10:   17      5      4       7
-------------------------------------
Total:  286     74     31      68  Total Score = 78,012

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Had other duties on satuday so couldn't plan a more serious entry. Operated just
a few hours on sunday with only 1 radio and around 50-70W and a vertical antenna
for the high bands.

Had some fun and decent rates. Even got an answer from a US station and hoped
for 20m to open up for that direction but that didn't really happen. Overall
participation seemed a bit low compared to last years.

10m and 15m were really fun to work. Deep QSB made it hard sometimes to catch
callsigns but it's part of the game. 40m yielded an 86 Q/hour Europe run,
"fresh meat" effect I would say.

At 360Qs I stopped. Was busy during the evening and would have continued a few
more during the next day but unfortnuately at 1 AM local a summer storm hit and
left me with no working antennas except for a 10m one that was not even
erected.

Luckily no damages to the house or other issues but all the antennas got
damaged to some extent. There will be some work ahead.

See you in the upcoming contests

Stefano