[3830] IARU K5GN(@W5KU) SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, mccarty@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] IARU K5GN(@W5KU) SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 04:22:40 +0000
IARU HF World Championship

Call: K5GN
Operator(s): K5GN
Station: W5KU

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: S.TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    59           11        3
   80:   227           20       18
   40:   718           28       35
   20:   956           35       39
   15:   379           20       18
   10:    80            7        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  2419    0     121      117  Total Score = 1,887,102

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

Personal best, though I think I had some tactical errors early and late.  I sure
didn't find all the HQ stations I should have.  But I think this is my first
time over 2400.  Condx were better than expected thanks to the large sunspot
that showed up just in time.  Wx QRN was not very good at all.  Lots of nearby
small storms from sunrise to midnight along the Gulf Coast.  Did not get to
check/replace beverage terminations before the contest, so they were less than
full function, though the gave some improvement in S/N (not much and not much
directivity).  Lots of good activity, though, and a great time on the air!