[3830] SAC CW K8MFO SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfo@aol.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW K8MFO SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2017 06:00:41 +0000
Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 7

   80:   17    14
   40:   11     9
   20:   84    33
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  112    56  Total Score = 9,408

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

I have been doing this contest since 1960, when I made 4 QSOS.    This years
conditions were probably the worst that I ever experienced.     Last year I
made 302 QSOs, compared to 112 in 2017.   Last year the QSO count on 80 and 40
was 50 and 90 respectively, while 2017 produced 17 and 11 on those bands.
Of course 20 was down a good deal and 15 was nonexistent!

Did someone forget to pay the rent on 40 meters?  I found the lack of
propagation there as puzzling as anything.

So, we had weak signals, with tremendous QSB, and add in S9 static crashes on
80 meters.     Copying serial numbers becamme a challenge on all bands.

All this being said, I had a WONDERFUL time in one of my favorite contests.
What could be better than hanging out with some TERRIFIC operators, who calmly
go about their business and still take the time for a quick HELLO DON  or HEI
TAUNO greeting.    I'll be back next year as usual!

K3S, AL-1200, 80 meter 4 square, and Mosley PRO-67B at 118 feet.   N1MM
logger.

73

Don (Tauno) - K8MFO