[3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n8xx@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CWopsT N8XX QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 20:35:51 +0000
CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Oct 4

Call: N8XX
Operator(s): N8XX
Station: N8XX

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MICHIGAN
Operating Time (hrs): 0:50

------------
  160:   0
   80:   0
   40:  33
   20:   0
   15:   0
   10:   0
------------
Total:  33  Mults = 33  Total Score = 1,089

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Wow! over 30 Q's in less than an hour.  Got a late start, but try
"running" for first 20 minutes or so, and folks actually found and
called my pipsquoke signal.  then the horde of big guns started coming into the
band about 1930Z, but few enough so they'd answer on 2nd or 3rd try.  Milked 'em
all I could, never had to move to 20 to get a few more, and wound up with 33
different contacts.

My confuser did trix on me, cra$hed once, and when it came up I didn't notice
it had picked up my 1300Z log instead of my 1900Z log, but it didn't advise me
when I worked a dupe from the 1300Z session, so I was clueless.  Had  first 4
contacts in the 1900Z log and rest in the 1300Z log, so when I
"recalculated" the N1MM contest logger said I had 44 Q's, which I
knew was wrong.  A bit of sleuthing and I found that there were my 15 Q's from
the earlier session in with 29 of my 33 Q's, so had to export to Excel and
merge the two logs, taking out all the 1300Z Q's.

Think this is near a personal best for my modest station.  Thanks to "RA,
the Egyptian god of the sun" for smiling down on us and given super
propagation on 40 meters.  Also Thanks to all who pulled the signal from
"My Mighty 5 wats to an antenna proven to be a few dB better than a dummy
load buried 6 feet under grond." :)