[3830] CQWW SSB KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 15:49:21 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 26:18

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   40     7       23
   40:   58    12       35
   20:   69    15       39
   15:   68    14       38
   10:    5     2        3
------------------------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Very tough contest to work, 40 and 20 meters was absolute chaos all weekend.
Just about every contact was a fight because of the tremendous pileups. 80
& 40 was  open to EU Friday night, and was able to work a couple of VE's on
160. Managed to somehow tune my horizontal loop on 80 so got to work a few EUs
which was really nice. 15 was open to EU during the afternoons with band
openings to EU, SA, and AF on Saturday and Sunday. Heard a couple of Asian
stations but was not able to work them. Had a small opening to SA on 10 meters
Sunday, but had to shut down due to high SWR issues. I think I have an issue
with my switch box and also my tuner, both MFJ products. I suspect cold solder
joints.

Frank KG4IGC

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
Pan Adapter: SDR Play RSP2
PWR: 100
ANTS: 15/30 & 20/40 Super Loops, 272\' Horizontal loop, NA4RR Hex beam,
Inverted L