[3830] SS CW AA4GA Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lee.hiers@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW AA4GA Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2017 03:47:18 +0000
ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: AA4GA
Operator(s): AA4GA
Station: AA4GA

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   59
   40:  115
   20:  103
   15:   12
   10:
------------

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

It's been over 10 years since I messed with SO2R...I recently acquired a K3/10,
and decided to play with SO2R QRP.  I found a DX Doubler with Piexx SO2RXLAT on
eBay, and got that hooked up and working this week.  Unfortunately, about 2
hours before the contest started I discovered a bad antenna switch, so I was
stuck with a low doublet on one radio and a 40 meter vertical on the other.
So, I just played around...I can see that the SO2R might help a bit QRP...time
will tell.

Oh, since I needed more COM ports that I could get through Parallels, I decided
to install a Bootcamp Windows 10 partition on the Mac Mini - worked
great...N1MM+ worked much better than it did via Parallels.

KX3/K3 at 5 watts to 80m doublet up 25' and 40m wire vertical.