[3830] CQWW CW W6JTI SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frank@whitethornconstruction.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6JTI SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2017 03:21:13 +0000
CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6JTI
Operator(s): W6JTI
Station: W6JTI

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Humboldt Co, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 42
Radios: SO2R

  160:   12     5        4
   80:   27     8        7
   40:  104    19       40
   20:  132    22       50
   15:  138    21       41
   10:   17     7        9
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This score is 0.5% better than my 2016 score. I think I've hit a plateau.

I flew a He balloon (130' of wire) for 160 and 80, but I took it down Sat
morning; a storm was predicted. Sunday, the wind sounded like a fast train. The
roof stayed on my little hamshack, and all the antennas stayed up. (amazing)

There were several hours of effort with NO contacts, both nights. Sometimes
they hear me and sometimes they don't. However, on 20-15-10 things went very
well.

Why can't the Chinese hear? I'm not surprised that they hear my 5W less than
half the times, but they often can't even hear powerful stations. I guess the
noise level is very high.