[3830] TBDC N1UR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC N1UR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2017 15:25:56 +0000
Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: N1UR
Operator(s): N1UR
Station: N1UR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VT
Operating Time (hrs): 5

Total:  QSOs = 304  Total Score = 2,178

Club:

Comments:

Was only on from 2200 - 0100Z and from 0500 - 0700Z.  The 0500 - 0700Z EU
pre-sunrise openings was one of the top 10 best 160 EU runs I have had from
this station.  200Qs in 2 hours with 124 EU stations calling in.  Signal
strengths all over the map - from noise floor (1000 ft terminated EU bev)
to true S9 on the meter.  The G, F, DL stations were especially loud as real
sunrise was within 30  - 60 mins.  Best DX was KH6LC at 8041km (the only
PAC/Asia station heard) and RW7K at 7876km - a true S7 at his sunrise as he
called in at 0519Z.

It was really fun for those 2 hours.  Using a 2 el T top phased array to EU.

Not sure how many people have read the rules in this contest regarding the use
of a remote receiver.  Its allowed if within 100km of the TX site.  There is
someone writing the rules that has no idea about the use of such an advantage
with SO2R.  The rule needs to be clarified.  Of course just receiving from one
antenna 100km away makes in band SO2R easy.  There is no need to use the local
site receiver to implement SO2R.  You could literally listen to your own
transmitted signal on channel one and have a QRM free receiver to tune with on
channel two - all from the remote receiver.

I think this whole idea of allowing remote receivers in 160M contest is a bad
idea.  If you can set up a great receiving location with remote access, then you
can build a small hut and operate the contest from there.  That's my opinion
anyway.

73 & HNY

Ed  N1UR