[3830] NCQP NC4KW(@N1LN) Club Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NCQP NC4KW(@N1LN) Club Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:41:20 +0000
                    North Carolina QSO Party

Call: NC4KW
Operator(s): N1YXU WA4PSC N8BR N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Club Mixed LP
QTH: ORA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:  130     92
   40:  197    380
   20:   93    130
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  420    602    1022  Mults = 105  Total Score = 258,660

Club: North Carolina Kilo Watts

Comments:

The score includes three 50 point bonus Qs.

The NC4KW North Carolina Kilo Watt team had another successful NCQP outing. The
band conditions were not exactly cooperative, but we still had a fun 10 hours of
team building and a great time. It is always fun when we get together radio or
no radio.

20 meters: Last year 20 meters was our big SSB band. This year we stayed on 20
SSB too long so not to miss the great opening that never occurred. Our CW total
was down by 15 percent and our SSB total really took a hit being down by 85
percent. OUCH!!!

40 meters:  40 meters gave us a pretty good QSO count but very bad NC county
multiplier count.  Fortunately, we did well with State and Province multipliers.
 The skip was quite long and for the most part we could not hear NC at all.
Yes, we made a few NC Qs, but not close to what we expected.   Our CW total was
down by 26 percent but our SSB total was slightly up by 8 percent.

80 meters:  80 meters gave us the best year over year results.   We were able to
quickly increase the very much needed NC county multipliers and even exceeded
the sum of CW and SSB 2017 Q counts.  For CW we were up by 66 percent and on SSB
we were down by 26 percent but overall we were up by a very slim 23 Qs.  With
the big increase being CW it really helped our point total and overall score.

When it was all done we had 105 multipliers in the log.  53 states and provinces
and 51 counties and 1 DX even though we worked 16 countries.  We also worked 3
of the 6 bonus stations.  Perhaps we should have run high power, but that would
not have helped hear NC stations on 20 or 40.  What we could hear, we could
work.

A big thanks to the TEAM.   Laurie N1YXU, Howie WA4PSC, Bill N8BR and me N1LN.

We would also like to thank Marty, W4MY, and the rest of his NCQP team and
sponsors for putting on another NCQP event.

See you next year!

73
Bruce N1LN
(aka  NC4KW)