[3830] CQ160 SSB F6GOX Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 SSB F6GOX Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2018 20:50:03 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB

Call: F6GOX
Operator(s): F6GOX
Station: F6GOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: France
Operating Time (hrs): 28

Total:  QSOs = 550  State/Prov = 19  Countries = 56  Total Score = 219,375

Club:

Comments:

With no improvement in the rx antenna system and worst propagation forecast, I
cannot expect a better score than in 2017. The only good thing was no QRN this
weekend because of the high atmospheric pressure zone over Europe.

So the goal to beat ES5RW, 1st European and 4th World in 2017, is not possible
this year... It could be easier to beat myself by decreasing the enormous 8% of
2017 penalties, 20.960 points... So I now am waiting the results...

Bad conditions of propagation were for all in the world. In France, I made
experience of strong attenuations of beacons signals (LZ5R, UA7K, VY2ZM, K3ZM,
N2CW). Sunrise propagation has cut 30 minutes after my sunrise both mornings.

2018 claimed score is in the level of the 2017 score : 19 SP and 56 countries.
Just few less qso number which saves the contest because of my better strategy
for Run and S/P and 28/30 hours of activity.

First night was bad but the morning was better : 26 NA contacted the saturday
(AZ, CT, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, ON, PA, PEI, RI, VA) against
only 2 the sunday morning (MI, TX)... Cry to listen W8ALP (MI) big signal the
saturday morning on 1808 kHz, 2 kHz down from the IARU Region 1 limit and listen
him to run US without split for EU... GRrrrr... Hopefully, I was lucky to QSO
with him the sunday morning!

Multipliers listen and not contacted : N2CEI (FL), 4Z5LY, 4M6R, LU2DVI, 5B4XF
and ER...

UP2L, P3X and Turkey as scare Asiatic stations. Thanks to ED8W, EF9R, S01WS and
CU2DX for their calls. Big signals from Caribbean at sunrise as KP4KE, PJ4G,
ZF9DX and also the French TO3Z team in Guadeloupe.

Extraordinary qso the sunday evening at 2006z with DJ1AC/M, Geniz, with 100
watts in an one meter lenght antenna !!

So, it was  pleasant to participate and always meet old friends ! Many thanks to
all the callers to help me to score and for their patience in the noise... I
definitly nead to improve antenna receiving system for 2019 if I want to climb
the 300.000 points cliff...

73 Laurent F6GOX

Yaesu FT-990 + PA, 2K INRAD SSB filter, Tx-Rx top loaded radiated tower
TH11DXX@21m with 1/4 wire inverted V exciter, Rx DHDL.