[3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PO SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bill@conwellpdx.com
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB K2PO SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2018 00:57:40 +0000
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: K2PO
Operator(s): K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 22:45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   10     7
   80:   37    26
   40:  198    61
   20:  535    87
   15:   44    22
   10:    4     1
-------------------
Total:  828   204  Total Score = 506,736

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I miss 15m.  (And 10m.)

15m was almost a no-show, with short and weak openings.  Glad I ran assisted
this weekend - else my 15m mult numbers would be much lower.

Here in the northwest, we get only a brief European opening on 20m .  On
Saturday I got a good run going, clocking a 130 Q hour, and logging 270
Europeans in 3 hours.  Everyone wanted Oregon.

No such luck on Sunday.  The conditions were poorer, and 15m didn't open as well
for the east coast, so everyone stayed on 20m.  A mosh pit.  I logged only 77
20m Europeans on Sunday.

80m was a nice surprise.  I can't remember working any Europeans on 75m phone
from the northwest, but this year I worked 5 (tnx to UW1M, GM3PPG, SN2M, F1AKK,
and M6T).  Running 500w this time probably helped...

I caught the 10m opening - such as it was, logging KH7M, KH6CJJ, KH6LC, and
KH7XS.

40 was a mixed bag - good European signals at our sunset, but then no more.

I slept well, but rose each night for an hour or so to work a string of JAs on
40m, and then went back to bed.  After the morning European opening on 20m died,
I did chores around the house and would occasionally sit in the chair and work
spots.  I called it quits when the score crossed 500K.

Tnx to all!

Bill, K2PO