[3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT K9ZO HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2018 14:14:19 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Mar 7

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 1

------------
  160:
   80:   53
   40:   71
   20:   21
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  145  Mults = 117  Total Score = 16,965

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Using "Al" my middle name, and "a76a"

Started on 80, but few signals showed on the band scope. I could tell Spring was
here because the signals from the coasts were weak.  Big Nor'easter so not much
out of New England.

Went to 40 at 13:22.  Good band change since I made a 40/80 inverted vee.  No
short skip.  It was a pleasant surprise to have AH6KO call in.   Rarely did not
than one guy call in at a time, so it was hard to practice getting two calls at
once.  No activity on the scope and nobody answered CQs.

Went to 20 at 13:49.  Again, a good band change since went from inverted vee on
40 to SteppIR on 20.  Not many signals showing, and USA was weak, but very
pleasant to have 13 Europeans in the log for mults.

This was one of the first times in a year where I felt the band changes were
done at the correct time.   A bit better conditions and this would have been a
better score.  Missed having locals on.   This would have put me above 150 QSOs
and a few more mults.