[3830] CWopsT NN5O LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CWopsT NN5O LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2018 20:08:26 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1900Z Aug 8

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): :51

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  47
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  47  Mults = 47  Total Score = 2,209

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Kinda slow today, but sorta on purpose.

My strategy (loosely defined!) here this run.
   a)  Work on my SO2V skills with the Flex 6600M, in prep for SO2R down the
line and to keep training my ears to split signals, but also to train my fingers
to hit the right keys
   b)  When I ran out of calls for S and P time, switch to running high in the
band and reduce speed to 32 wpm.  This strategy was to be extremely casual and
to be a bit 'chatty' if the other op felt so inclined.

Worked like a champ!  Yeah, my score is nothing to be admired, but there are
successes that don't show up on a scoreboard.

I truly enjoyed, especially, running high in the band at a lower speed.  I
worked several non-members and some who were slower.  That's perfect.  Also...

I got called by our newest member of the Deep Dixie Contest Club (DDCC), David
Samu VE7DZO (y'all should DEFINITELY go look at his QRZ.com page!  Don't
wait...do it NOW!  What a great young man!) who is only 14 years old, but is
snappy on CW.  Plus, he doesn't have a Winkeyer, so he sends everything with
paddles.  Too, he was honored with being selected as a member on the recently
conducted 'Youth DX Adventure' DXpedition to PJ2T station in Curacao.   Well,
just go to David's QRZ.com page and read all about this young gent.  We are
THRILLED to have him in the DDCC....and my goal is to get him into CWOps with
his own member number.

So, y'all be watching for a notice to co-sponsor VE7DZO into CWOps!

73,
Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O  #1327
Tupelo, MS
Flex 6600M-100W into 273\' loop @ 40 ft